Top 10 Family Activities in Fairfax County for Summer 2017! | Northern VA Family Photographer
You don’t have to be a family photographer in the Hamilton, VA & Tysons Corner, VA region to know that there’s an abundance of things for families to do in Fairfax County!
So, if you’re not at a portrait session with us, here are some fun things to keep you busy.
TripAdvisor’s Top 10 Activities in Fairfax County
1. Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center is the companion museum to the Museum on the National Mall. Address: 14390 Air and Space Museum Pkwy, Chantilly, VA 20151-3002.
2. Mount Vernon. Address: 3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway, Mount Vernon, VA 22121. Once home to the father of the country, visitors can tour the estate, gardens, tombs, farm, slave memorial, and education center. Photographers should bring their cameras to this bucolic estate!
3. Great Falls Park. Address: 9200 Old Dominion Dr, McLean, VA 22102-1019. Explore history and nature, all in a beautiful 800-acre park only 15 miles from the Nation’s Capital.
4. Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts. Address: 1551 Trap Rd, Vienna, VA 22182-1643. Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts is a majestic natural setting for performances across all genres every summer. Home to the Filene Center and the Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, the 117-acre Park offers dining and hospitality amenities throughout the summer season, and year-round recreational opportunities, including hiking trails, picnic areas, and sledding.
5. Meadowlark Botanical Garden (Vienna). Address: 9750 Meadowlark Gardens Ct, Vienna, VA 22182-1992. Explore 95 acres of ornamental display gardens and unique native plant collections at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens in Vienna.
6. Tysons Corner Center (McLean) On a bad weather day head over to Tysons Corner with its more than 300 shops, restaurants, and department stores, the Hyatt Regency, VITA Apartments and Tysons Tower.
7. George Washington’s Distillery & Gristmill (Mount Vernon) Address: 3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway Mount Vernon, VA 22121. This is a fully functioning reconstruction of George Washington’s Distillery and Gristmill located 2.7 miles from the estate’s main entrance
8. Burke Lake Park (Fairfax Station) Address: 7315 Ox Rd, Fairfax Station, VA 22039-1929. A 218-acre lake with fishing, boating, rowboat rental, camping, a miniature train, a carousel, outdoor volleyball courts, open fields, an 18-hole par 3 golf course, clubhouse with snack bar and driving range, disk golf, horse shoe pits, an ice cream parlor, picnic areas with grills, 3 playgrounds, trails, amphitheater, and miniature golf course. Swimming and windsurfing are prohibited.
9. Frying Pan Farm Park (Herndon). Address: 2709 West Ox Road, Herndon, VA 20171-3807. Frying Pan Farm Park is part of the Floris Community in western Fairfax County, known as Frying Pan from 1726 to 1892 when the name was changed to Floris. Today, the park preserves and interprets a 1920s through 1950s farm, agricultural process, rural community life and landscape for the educational, cultural and recreational enrichment of citizens and visitors of Fairfax County.
10. Reston Town Center (Reston). Address: 11900 Market St, Reston, VA 20190-5614. Reston Town Center is a community destination, offering more than 50 shops, 30 restaurants, an 11-screen cinema and open-air pavilion, luxury residences, and a four-diamond Hyatt Regency hotel.
We hope this list has given you a few ideas for the summer!
As a leading and trusted family photographer near Hamilton, VA & Tysons Corner, VA, we’d love to work with your family to preserve your memories through fine art photography. Contact us today!
Ever After Portraits is comprised of Mindy Belcher and Joriana Belcher Anderson, a mother-daughter portrait photography team located near Hamilton, VA and Tysons Corner, VA in Northern Virginia. We specialize in timeless and emotive fine art family portraits.
Family means everything and capturing those precious moments to preserve forever will mean family heirlooms for you to share for years to come.
Mindy & Joriana – Contact Us!