Every business has policies to keep communication clear. The purpose of this document is to be transparent, set expectations for you and for us, putting everyone on the same page about what we do and how we do it. In exchange, we ask that clients indicate agreement with their signature. Having a clear understanding with our clients is so important that we won't photograph a session unless our studio policies are acknowledged with your signature. This document is between Ever After, LLC, and the Client/s signing the document.
Please carefully read this document, then sign. By paying our fee and signing, you agree to these policies, terms and conditions.
Ever After, LLC's studios are at 46506 Oak Lane, Sterling, Virginia, 20165, call or text us at 571-434-0009.
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Definition of Client/s (That's you!)
The person/s whose signature/s appear on this document is our client/s, and will make any agreed upon payments.
Payments ( I pay for my time, not someone else's. Hurray!)
- Clients who choose to pay by credit card authorize Ever After, LLC to charge to the card any fees, products or services purchased by the Client.
- Ever After, LLC reserves the right to charge a flat 3.5% fee charged on all credit card purchases.
- If you would prefer to not pay this fee, please pay your invoice in Cash, Check or Debit Card.
Fee and Scheduling (I’ll show up on time!)
Fee and Scheduling
- To ensure that we are booking committed clients, prevent no-shows and late cancellations, payment of our fee secures a session on our calendar
- This fee is 100% refundable for the cancellation of a session within the first 48 hours of payment, no questions asked.
- Please book your date thoughtfully and with consideration as rescheduling your appointment can often be difficult
- Portrait and Ordering Session dates are scheduled by phone. You must call the studio at 571.434.0009 for any appointment changes. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of your fee.
- We have a 14 day minimum rescheduling policy.
- If you provide 14 days or more advance notice to reschedule, your fee is automatically transferred to secure a new date for one occurrence with your understanding that our calendar can be booked months in advance.
- Rescheduling with less than 14 days notice may require an additional fee.
- Sessions may be rescheduled due to weather at the photographer's discretion.
- Please contact us immediately to reschedule due to illness. We are happy to accommodate you. The Studio will allow only one (1) complimentary reschedule due to illness/Covid with less than 14 days notice. After that, a rescheduling fee will apply.
- Cancelling your session permanently will result in the loss of your fee.
- Failure to attend your portrait or ordering session without notice may result in loss of your fee.
Arrive Early for Your Session
- Sessions have a start and end time blocked off for your family.
- We won’t use the time you paid for to photograph someone else who arrived late.
- Client agrees to arrive early, wait in their car (due to Covid) and text us on arrival.
- Should client arrive more than 15 minutes late we reserve the right to reschedule (within 30 days) or cancel your session which may result in your session/holding fee as well hair and makeup services being forfeited.
Copyright and Reproductions/Usage/Photo Release (I agree not to steal!)
Client/s signature/s gives consent for this use and recognizes that no further notification is required, that signer is over 18 years of age, and that if any portrait Subject is a minor child, that you are the parent or duly authorized representative of that Subject and have read and understand this model release.
Ever After, LLC
- shall exclusively own the copyright to all portraits created and have the exclusive right to make reproductions in perpetuity.
- may provide a written Usage License of ordered images.
Client will not
- make copies for sale or for the purpose of circumventing the sale of portraits or images.
- copy or reproduce the portraits/images in any way without express written permission.
Touchups (Make me even more beautiful!)
- Is only done to portraits that are ordered.
- Includes blemishes, circles and bags under the eyes.
- Includes, but is not limited to, reduction/elimination of small lines and wrinkles, teeth whitening, reducing red eyes and skin, skin softening, correction of hair/makeup, environmental effects, clothing, reflections in glasses, opening closed eyes, removal of fixtures, etc.
- Premier Retouching or extensive touch-ups will incur a $75 fee per hour.
Custom Designs (Ever After, LLC will provide unique custom designs – I won’t ask for more than 2 changes)
- Additional fees may be charged for anything redesigned or retouched more than 2 times.
- Albums are designed with on average, 1 to 2 images per page.
- Portraits ordered for the Album are final and cannot be changed at a later time.
Prices and Ordering (I'll pay for what I buy.)
- You are under no obligation to purchase any portraits as there is no minimum purchase.
- You agree that you will think about your order before you place it and won’t call or email or contact us after you place it requesting to change it.
- Only portraits that meet our artistic standard will be made available for ordering.
- Purchased portraits will be stored in our digital library for emergency replacements.
- Portraits will be presented at an adults-only Ordering Session.
- All decisionmakers must be present.
- Any portraits that you, family members, or friends want must be ordered during this time.
- Portrait Orders are Final and cannot be refunded, cancelled or changed.
- Additional ordering appointments will incur an additional fee.
- All unordered images will be deleted after the Ordering Session even if no order is placed.
- Credits not used during the Ordering Session will not be refunded for cash or future credit.
- All orders will be delivered upon receipt of payment in full and take 4-6 weeks minimum for delivery from time of final payment.
- Legacy products take longer due to their custom, handcrafted nature.
- Estimates for delivery are truly just estimates.
- Anything ordered will be delivered in one order, including digital products, at the same time; we do not split orders and deliver partial orders.
- No return or exchanges are allowed except for manufacture defect on the item.
- All defects must be reported within 5 business days from the receipt of the products and require a return label for proper processing.
- There is a $25.00 fee for any bounced check.
- Product prices and special offers shall be in effect for your Ordering Session only.
- Tax and shipping is additional to all orders.
Products (What you can get)
-Ever After has different product lines.
- Certain products are only available for certain types of sessions.
- Social media files are watermarked and not suitable for printing.
- Archival digital negatives are printable up to an 8x10.
Personnel (Ever After, LLC's got you covered!)
Ever After, LLC may have have an associate Portrait Artist taking the photographs who shall be a competent professional and/or may have an Assistant take photographs under the supervision of Portrait Artist.
Exclusive Photographer (What we are)
Ever After, LLC shall be the exclusive photographer/s retained by the Client/s for the purpose of photographing the session -- so please, no other cameras! This includes your mobile phone!
Risk (I understand that Risk Brings Reward)
- There is some degree of risk inherent in any activity, including photography. Signature to this agreement means that you agree that Client/s, Client/s family including minor children, will hold harmless Ever After, LLC, their representatives, employees, property owner and Mindy Belcher and that they will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, injury or dispute in the event you, your family members or anyone attending the session may become injured or ill during any part of the process of having his/her portrait taken, or during the ordering of portraits, after your session, while on the studio premises.
- Client/s acknowledges that he/she is the parent/guardian of any minor children photographed, and as such, has the right to consent to this waiver and assumption of risk.
Services (Portraits are important to me – I’ll follow the process)
Calls or sessions may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
No cameras, video recording devices or cell phones are allowed during the portrait or ordering session.
Certain information will be requested from clients so we can style your session and is required for us to do our best work.
If clients are non-responsive to requests for longer than 10 days, we reserve the right to remove portrait and ordering dates from the calendar and retain any fee.
Those requests may include:
- providing requested snapshots
- completing a requested "mom" call
- completing a requested "dad" call
- completing a Design Session
Client agrees to be responsive to requests in a timely manner.
COVID (I will keep myself and others safe)
- We may find it necessary to postpone your session if required by Governmental Authorities.
- In the event anyone on our staff becomes unwell we may have to reschedule your session. If this is not possible, the Client will receive their holding or session fee in full.
- In the event the Client, anyone in the Client’s household or anyone attending the session with the Client becomes unwell please call the studio so that we can reschedule the session. If this is not possible, the Client will receive their holding or session fee in full.
- If anyone attending the session appears to have symptoms of the virus (including but not limited to: a cough, fever or respiratory symptoms, mild or otherwise) they will be asked to leave immediately, and the session will be halted without notice or restriction.
Studio Liability and Performance (Ever After, LLC can't manipulate the time-vortex or make Superman appear. Be on time and bring your own tights!)
- Ever After, LLC takes great care with respect to the exposure, processing, and delivery of photographs. In the event Ever After, LLC cannot comply with the terms of this contract due to negligence, oversight, accident, error, omission, any other avoidable or unavoidable circumstance, whether caused by Ever After, LLC or otherwise, Ever After, LLC and/or photographer/s’ liability for this or any other circumstance shall be limited to the amount paid up to that time by the client/s. Ever After, LLC does not guarantee to capture any particular image(s) or meet any particular aesthetic criteria as part of its performance.
- Failure by the client/s to make any payment as and when agreed shall release the studio from any further responsibility under this contract, without the responsibility to return any monies previously paid to it under this contract.
- To the extent provided by law, Client/s hold harmless Ever After, LLC, its officers, agents and employees from all liability, damage, cost or expense arising from claims for injury to persons, damage to property occasioned by reason of any conduct undertaken by reason of this contract (the hold harmless will not apply to the extent an injury is caused by the gross negligence of or the willful misconduct of Ever After, LLC, its officer, agents or employees). Ever After, LLC has the right to refuse service to anyone.
Code of Conduct (We'll be kind to each other)
We expect all our clients to maintain an appropriate level of conduct.
Inappropriate Verbal or Physical Conduct to Our Staff
- Raising your voice to any staff,
- Profane, obscene, or abusive language; racial, ethnic, or sexual orientation comments or gestures.
- Taking any property, inventory or materials owned by Ever After, LLC.
- Vandalize our property by writing, marking, scribbling, defacing, or causing destruction to the property in any manner.
- Possess, use, or sale any controlled substance while we are on the property or in our presence.
- We will do our best to keep an open line of communication and information and ask that you do the same.
- All complaints from both the client and session attendees must be done OFFLINE and give Ever After, LLC the opportunity to conduct a proper review and address any issue.
- This does not imply nor stop the client or attendee from posting an honest review, we are just asking for the opportunity to correct if an issue or problem arises.
- We ask that any reviews are done only by the client.
- Cyberbullying and any attempt to extort Ever After, LLC will be pursued in a legal manner.
- You have 15 calendar days to communicate any issues in writing, otherwise your complaint and review is non-valid.
- Any violation of this policy will result in immediate termination of services between Ever After, LLC, and client.
- This will be effective immediately and
there will be 100% total forfeiture of all monies paid to Ever After, LLC.
- It is also a violation of our policies to post any negative comments, reviews or verbally advertising.
- We strictly prohibit any negative or inaccurate reviews, media, social, blog and all online negative behavior of our company.
- Please contact us to discuss any issues you may have encountered. Any violation may be addressed in a legal manner..
Governing Law (State and Federal Law - I'm a good citizen!)
- Ever After, LLC and Client/s agree the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, County of Loudoun, shall govern the validity, construction, and performance of this Agreement, without regard to its conflict of law principles.
- Any actions relating to this Agreement shall be brought in the state or federal courts located in and serving the Commonwealth of Virginia, County of Loudoun. Client/s assume/s responsibility for any and all collection costs and legal fees incurred by Ever After, LLC in the event enforcement of this Agreement becomes necessary.
Counterparts (You are who you say you are - and so are we!)
- Client/s and the Studio agree that signatures by facsimile transmission or electronic scan, and using electronic and email signatures are acceptable and shall have the same force and effect as if an original signature.
- Construction and Severability; Wherever possible, each provision of this Agreement shall be interpreted so that it is valid under applicable law.
- If any provision of this Agreement is held illegal or unenforceable, that provision will be reformed only to the extent necessary to make the provision legal and enforceable; all remaining provisions continue in full force and effect.
Studio Policies (That's what this is)
- This document incorporates the entire understanding of the parties, and is not valid until signed. Any modifications to it must be in writing and signed both by Ever After, LLC and by the Client/s.
- By signing,, with or without payment, you, the Client/s, agree/s that you have read, understand, have legal authority to grant these permissions and accept all responsibility for such and agree and will abide by these policies as stated.
MM slash DD slash YYYY